State Street Corporation
Vice President, Information Security
Driving the enhancement of State Street's data leakage prevention program, and developing a next-generation security analysis center.
Vice President and Manager, IT Risk & Compliance
Managed a team of IT risk professionals in the design and execution of a comprehensive IT Risk & Compliance Program for State Street's Global Markets Technology application development group. Oversaw Transformation-themed internal communications programs for this 300+ employee unit.
Senior Vice President, Security & Risk
Instrumental in developing the Information Risk Management function at Citizens Bank as a member of the Chief Information Security Officer's management team. The "IRM" function combined into one comprehensive program the enterprise delivery of Information Security, Business Continuity, Vendor Risk Management and Records Management policies and services.
· Wrote annual GLBA compliance reports for US regulators and the board of directors, and developed and maintained the bank's Written Information Security Program.
· Managed the Information Risk Management Communications and Reporting team, and delivered an online "IRM" training course taken by 26,000 employees each year.
· Demonstrated ability to translate complex regulations/laws into successful compliance efforts by founding the bank's Records Management program in 2006. Collaborated daily with UK-based peers to develop services that supported policy compliance. Drove creation of corporate records retention schedule, and oversaw Lean Six Sigma initiatives that drove cost from the program.
Vice President and Manager of Internal Communications
Developed and delivered high-impact "employee engagement"-focused communications programs for the bank's 4,000-employee technology and operations function during 11 mergers/acquisitions and through multiple complex systems integrations.
· Managed executive visibility activities for the CIO and his leadership team. Coordinated all aspects of quarterly offsite meetings for 100-member leadership team. Produced employee communication videos and created/maintained the division's intranet site. Wrote "behind the scenes in operations and technology" articles for the company newsletter.
· Co-chaired a steering committee that identified and captured $249,000 in federal matching grants for employee training.
· Winner, 2006 Citizens Bank of Massachusetts "Community Credo" Award, for volunteering to develop websites for bank-supported non-profit organizations.
Developed and articulated clear, consistent internal and external messages relating to seven international acquisitions, 15 strategic alliances, three new service launches, two workforce reductions, a new CEO, and many significant account wins for this global public relations agency.
· Wrote press releases, sales brochures, employee letters and business partner communications. Managed the development, launch and daily operations of the US employee intranet. Wrote, architected and maintained content for the company's U.S website and global website. Managed creation of company's quarterly e-mail newsletter. Wrote award-winning contest entries and bylined articles for executives from IBM, Philips Electronics and other client companies.
Managed editorial, design and development team behind Version 7.0 of Monster.com. Recruited and hired staff. Drove development of several revenue-generating co-branded websites, including Monster.com on Excite.com and Microsoft's "Skills 2000" microsite.
Manager, Online Events
Responsible for all editorial content and "community building" within the online "Events and Discussions" area of the AT&T Business Network/Interchange Network (and later at its successor website, Industry.net).
Information Officer and Deputy Press Secretary
Designed and delivered media relations programs for the Mayor's Office of Neighborhood Services, the Boston Homeless Commission and Boston Against Drugs during the Flynn and Menino administrations.
· Adjunct Professor, Emerson College, Boston, MA (1998 - 2002): Coordinated and taught the Division of Continuing Education's "Web Production and Management" certificate program, which yielded 16 student-built websites for Boston-area non-profit organizations.
· Freelance writer, (1990 - 1998): Physicians for Human Rights, The Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition, Boston Magazine and the Public Relations Society of America's (PRSA) Strategist Magazine. Wrote a weekly column for Microsoft's Boston Sidewalk.com.
· Assistant Editor, Citizen Group Newspapers, Brookline, MA (1989 - 1991)
· Contributing Reporter, The Boston Globe, Boston, MA (1987 - 1989)
· Advanced Leadership Development Program, 2008
· Master of Arts, 1998
· Bachelor of Science, 1991
· Massachusetts Advanced Studies Program (MASP), 1983